In my own experience of learning a second language as a k-12 learner I only really experienced learning French from grade five until grade eleven. In this experience, the learning was never really fun and sparked a lot of nervousness around speaking in front of my peers, which I am sure a lot of others can connect to. So, at the beginning of our education 351 course, I was not very excited about the thought of having to teach the subject matter. However, I was pleasantly surprised about how accessible and interactive second language learning can be. Another interesting thing that I am not sure why this did not occur to me but all the strategies that we have learned when it comes to other subjects can be applied to second language learning as well. Learning through games, role play, differentiation for students including choice and so on. Some of the main approaches that really appealed to me were the action-oriented approach and using music. I liked the action-oriented approach because by pairing certain vocabulary with actions this strategy not only provides a way for students to be active and move but also creates a really convenient way to remember the vocab. Secondly, I also really enjoy the inclusion of music to learn a second language. Music is something I have not had a lot of experience with yet in the classroom but I like this tool for the same reason I like the action-oriented approach for learning a second language. Using catchy songs can work the same way as little action sequences to remember vocabulary and common phrases because these songs that we practice and listen to can easily get stuck in our heads, and that is precisely the goal. This goal is not for the pure annoyance of having The Adam’s family tune stuck in your head from the days of the week song for example, but rather so you have a little tune that you can replay in your head or to speak that will help you remember the words. I think that especially for the younger elementary grade’s music can be a fun way to explore that language as well as the older grade too, the subject matter and styles can just be tailored to fit your age group and topic. Moving forward I would definitely like to test out both approaches in my next practicum and future lessons.