We are one week away from our final practicums… hold for applause. I am really baffled that we are this close to the last stint of this program and I have A LOT of feelings about it. We have all done some goal setting for this practicum in detail based on our nine teacher standards. Reflecting on these specific goals, the overall word I would use to describe how I feel about this practicum is present. I have chosen this word because considering that our past practicums have been relatively short periods of time (three and four weeks), I feel as if just as we starting to make really great connections and headway with learning it was time to leave. Since we have a span of ten weeks to be in these classrooms it just gives us all the more opportunity to really invest in the learning journies of these students, as well as the larger school community. This is a major key piece for me for this practicum because in the past I have felt like someone just passing through these schools but a major goal for me this time around is to make the most of the time I have and reach out to those beyond my classroom. This also goes for my own comfort zone. I really want to try some new things, instill some of my own routines instead of trying to adhere to whatever it is my coaching teacher usually does. This is not to say that I do not respect my coaching teacher’s usual plans and routines but I would like to explore a little bit more of what works for me. Overall, I am super excited for this practicum and hope to absorb all of the information and experiences that I can.